Delivering unmistakable style and meticulous craftsmanship the HTC Touch Diamond is defined by its compact size, captivating 3D touch interface, and sophisticated communication tools. And with the power of the updated Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system, you’ll stay easily connected to your business and personal data on the go with support for a wide variety of email accounts as well as the ability to edit Microsoft Office documents.
With the TouchFLO 3D interface, album artwork, calendar items and snapshots are brought to life for you to interact, play and launch at your fingertips.
The Touch Diamond’s TouchFLO 3D user interface responds perfectly to your finger gestures when scrolling through contacts, browsing the web, and launching media–all vividly displayed as photos and artwork on the 2.8-inch screen powered by the 3D graphics processor. The phone also features a 4 GB internal memory, Bluetooth connectivity for both communication headsets and stereo music streaming, Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), 3.2-megapixel camera, a built-in GPS receiver, multi-format digital audio player, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
This unlocked U.S. version of the Touch Diamond can be used with a GSM network service provider and it provides quad-band connectivity (900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz). It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. When paired with a compatible 3G network that uses UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900 MHz connectivity (found in Europe and Asia), you’ll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services–from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas in the U.S. not served by a 3G network or in foreign territories, you’ll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
The Touch Diamond features a sharp 2.8-inch touch screen housed within a stunning formation of brushed steel and flawless faceted edges.
HTC has taken a great leap forward in touch screen innovation with the introduction of its new 3D touch interface called TouchFLO 3D, which provides animated access to people, messaging, email, photos, music, weather and more with just a swipe of your finger. The home screen provides one-touch access to emails, text messages, calendar appointments and contacts. New text messages fly onto your screen–just swipe your finger to spin through recent messages or tap a message to reply. Your Email appears in an open envelope–just touch it to read it in full. In addition to Outlook email, you can also add personal accounts and Web-mail accounts like Google and Yahoo. The phone also includes touch-sensitive buttons at the bottom as well as a five-way navigational rocker.
The Touch Diamond is crafted with precision to fit comfortably in a user’s hand without compromising on features or functionality. Blending contrasting design elements of metal and unique geometric facets, the Touch Diamond complements a your personal style. The 2.8-inch screen has a 480 x 640-pixel resolution–providing near-print quality viewing of photographs and crisp Web browsing–and support for 65K colors.
HTC provides a new customized mobile Web browser that enables easy viewing and effortless navigation of Web sites in the way they were designed. You can zoom and pan Web sites with one-hand and automatically view optimized content that has been specially created to fit the display. An integrated accelerometer senses when you change the position of the phone from portrait to landscape viewing, and it auto-rotates the screen’s orientation.
This phone provides Bluetooth version 2.0 wireless connectivity with EDR (enhanced data rate), and includes profiles for communication headset, handsfree car kits, and audio/video remote control. With the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones. You’ll also be able to access open Wi-Fi networks in offices and hotspots via the integrated 802.11b/g wireless connectivity. And with the embedded GPS receiver, you’ll be able to easily locate your next appointment in unfamiliar cities. (Third-party software required for routing information.) Other features include:
- 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus on the back of the phone, additional VGA camera on the front of the phone for video conferencing (requires compatible network)
- Windows Media Player compatible with MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, WAV file formats
- FM radio with RDS, which displays the name of the currently playing song (when tuned to compatible radio stations)
- 4 GB of internal memory for storing all your contacts, important documents, and your favorite multimedia
- 256 MB of RAM, 192 MB of DDR RAM
- Support for polyphonic ringtones as well as real-music ringers
- HTC Weather provides a constant view of weather at home and abroad
The HTC Touch Diamond weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 4.0 x 2.0 x 0.5 inches. Its 900 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time, and up to 285 hours of standby time. This U.S. version of the Touch Diamond runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as the 850/1900 MHz HSDPA frequencies for 3G access.
Powered by Windows Mobile 6.1
Microsoft’s Windows Mobile 6.1 offers a number of handy features that make searching through email, editing Microsoft Office documents, and staying on top of your most important communications even easier. Emails can now be viewed in their original rich HTML format and now offer the ability to visit embedded links. It also includes Windows Live for Windows Mobile, which provides a full set of Windows Live services, such as the Windows Live Messenger IM application, which now enables you to chat with more than one person at one time or send a file.
With Windows Mobile 6.1, your phone will finally be able to emulate the power and features of your PC’s Microsoft Office suite. You’ll be able to neatly view, navigate and edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in their original formatting–without affecting tables, images or text–as well as view PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office Word Mobile features include spell-check, Find and Replace commands, bulleted lists, text formatting, and support for tables for the first time.
- With Excel Mobile, you’re not just confined to editing charts: with the new Chart Wizard you can create charts quickly and easily.
- PowerPoint Mobile allows you to view the full presentation, rehearse timings, check the order and any live links you may have in your presentation. You can then email comments back to the team or communicate via MSN Messenger for an immediate response.
- After creating or editing a Word document or Excel spreadsheet, you can synchronize it with your PC and it will automatically be converted to the PC version.
All Windows Mobile 6.1 powered devices include Direct Push Technology for up-to-date e-mail delivery and automatic synchronization of Outlook calendars, tasks and contacts through Microsoft Exchange Server. It also offers a set of important device security and management features that include the capability to remotely wipe all data from a device should it be lost or stolen, helping ensure that confidential information remains that way.
HTC Touch Diamond Unlocked Phone with 3.2 MP Camera, MP3/Video Player, and Windows Mobile 6.1–International Version with No Warranty (Black)
- This unlocked cell phone is compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. Not all carrier features may be supported. It will not work with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint.
- Tri-band GSM cell phone compatible with 900/1800/1900 frequencies and International 3G compatibility via 900/2100 HSDPA plus GPRS/EDGE capabilities
- Windows Mobile 6.1 with TouchFLO 3D interface responds perfectly to your finger gestures when scrolling through contacts, browsing the web, and launching media
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder. 4 GB of internal memory. Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g). Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity for handsfree communication and stereo music. GPS mapping and directions
- Up to 5.5 hours of talk time, up to 285 hours (11+ days) of standby time
- This cell phone may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international version phones. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.